I had to chuckle recently when I realized just how complex some of the systems in my life are, even if I rarely think about the details.
- Most nights, I weigh myself on a Withings wifi scale (an older version).
- That data syncs over Google Wifi, via a Comcast Xfinity connection, to the Nokia/Withings Health Mate service.
- Then MyFitnessPal automatically syncs the data from Health Mate, and keeps a copy,
- before Garmin Connect also syncs a copy to integrate back with other data (like heart rate and activities) .
- If I’ve been doing specific activities, then some of the data from Garmin Connect (although not that weight info) will also sync out to Strava and create activity records.
The last step remaining is that I want to hook up my copy of WordPress to sync all of the data back so that I have a copy under my direct control.